02-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #18
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Dravit/Mocca

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexstar2011 View Post
Indeed - though I have had a good relationship with their service dept. to date, have never been charged for this and have never spoken to this chap before.

Will give them a chance at redemption when I go in there.... Have endured a few dealers in the area and they have been (to date) the best. Will post an update once I've been in to see them.
Well, that was a total waste of time and effort! Arrived with the car this morning to be told that their software update machine is broken, has been for nearly two weeks (I only booked the car in 3 days ago) - and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Apparently, as they now use an outsourced contact centre to take bookings that they were "unable" to demonstrate common sense by letting me know not to bother coming in.

They then demonstrated a total lack of knowledge about their product/brand by stating that customers can't update the software themselves - either via USB or TeleServices and agreed I might be better off by ringing BMW directly.

I did that, and they confirmed the online services for the car appear to be set up correctly....so go speak to a dealer. Great....
Appreciate 0