TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Global demand is on the 3er & their mainstream lines, the problem is the F07 is not selling like hot cakes in all major markets. The GT will not save BMW if the push comes to the shove.
So I tried to find some numbers on US sales but I couldn't find anything recent.

(From Autoblog) In 2011:

First 4 months, BMW only shipped 720 5-Series GT. Let's say that remains constant for the year, in 2011, they would only ship approx. 2,880 5er GT's. In 2010, they shipped a total of 2,848. Those numbers were WAY off what BMW was estimating, between 4,000-8,000 per year. On top of that, customers jumped from the 7-Series to the 5er GT. Not only did they severely miss the estimates with the F07, BMW also lost sales from their flagship 7-Series. From a NA standpoint, you can't twist that into a positive. You take yearly sales of the F07 and compare to one month of sales of a particular line, it's a very small percentage that it represents.

Now I'm not angry that BMW is continuing this, profit is profit, but the fact that numbers prove that it's not that big of a success added that there are no models like the 5-Series wagon is what I think is getting people angry. BMW is continuing to experiment with models that have a good chance to fail or disappoint, rather than giving us something would do exceptionally better if not on itself but compared to the GT.
Appreciate 0