View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
DieselRocket
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d M Sport

Ordered BMW winter wheel & tyre set

I've thinking hard about winter tyres for the last few weeks and took the plunge today and ordered BMW's wheel & tyre set for the 330d.

I have 19" 403ss coming on my car next week and, not surprisingly, there's no 19" winter wheel & tyre package. So, after a bit of negotiation, I settled on their package for £2k, based on 18" by 396 star-spoke rims with Pirelli W240 Sottozero S2 run-flats. This includes storage, which is useful for me.

I dare say I could have quid by going elsewhere, but reading other stories of buying online put me off a bit - didn't want the hassle of worrying about correct spec for wheel nuts etc. That said, the prices on Alloy Wheels Direct would have come in higher than this for the same combo, so I think it's fair value.

Has anyone got first-hand experience with the Pirelli W240 Sottozero S2s? I found a few reviews online and none were ravers, so guess they're not state of the art in winter tyres.

Sadly, I'm going to take delivery with the winter wheels on, so won't get to see the car in it's full glory until spring :-(

Cheers
Dave
Appreciate 0