View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #34
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
As far as I can tell, SPORT+ is the same as a single button click. While taking a corner exit somewhat agressively with the throttle while in SPORT+, the traction control warning light flashed on the dash and I felt the engine cutting back a tad. Sad, really, because I would have liked to be able to power slide at an autocross while in SPORT or SPORT+ for the throttle mapping and steering weight. I haven't yet played around any with holding the button down...
I was able to slide quite a bit during autocross in my no line in sport mode. I think on slower sweeping turns itll let you as long as you are flooring it. If it did cut in, it didn't feel that my engine bogged and was more of a smoothening out feel (maybe because mine is a 328i and it won't spin the wheels too aggressively). I guess since they never spin out of control, the engine never cuts out. Better for for going faster i guess ! lhaha

On the otherhand, just accelerating hard in my girl's 135i willl totally kill the engine. It spins, stutters, then zips. That was strange. So now I always either turn on dtc or shut it off completely.
Appreciate 0