02-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rodfather View Post
awesome car man, i bought a mineral grey while i was in England and something the sales person didn't tell me was that I had to pay the sales tax that i didn't pay in England once i got to USA. I PCS to Arizona and had to pay 15% for the sales tax that was $2,070!!!! I went to the on base attorney and sure shit i had to pay. It all depends on the state you go to register the car so just a little info that i didn't get enjoy.
Yeah the tax is a bitch! Luckily, Virginia only charges 3% on new car registering. I think I had to pay just under 1K for taxes, tags, and title. Not too bad considering. At least you got it for a good deal cheaper in the long run! I can trade my car in right now and they would owe me close to $25000 over what I owe! It is a nice feeling to be on the positive side of equity for a change! Thanks for the compliments! Where are the pics of your car?