Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG
On paper, it looks like the Lexus is a bit slower 0 - 60 and is down on torque (270 vs the BMW's 300 lb-feet). Other than that, I've not driven the 350 variant, but drove the 250 during BMW's Olympic test drive event, and they both have the same transmission/suspension. These two items are the Lexus's biggest letdown, IMO. Not only is a manual transmission unavailable, but the automatic and engine do NOT work well together. The auto is slow to react when using the paddles, slow to react to 1/2-way to Wide-Open Throttle applications, and even slower to actually change gears when it grants a shift. Comparatively, the BMW's ZF transmission shifts pretty darn close to where I would when it's in Sport setting and gear changes are INSTANTANEOUS.

The suspension also didn't meet my butt-meter's expectations. Given Lexus's reputation as a purveyor of ultra-plush luxury cruisers, I was very surprised at harsh bump impact and a suspension I found unsorted and underwhelming. It seemed neither capable of coddling and isolating nor providing the Bimmer's buttoned-down predictability and balance.

Pat yourself on the back for buying the better car.
Ok. I never drove the is250. But I have drove the is350. Have to say it was quick. I just didn't know how it compared to the 335i since there was none to test drive. Don't know how the stock suspension on the is350 felt because my friend had Tein lower springs on it. So it was a bit stiff in the back seat, but in the front. Initially wanted an is350 f-sport but then I disliked the room in the back seat of it. The f30 was much roomier in the back. Glad I made the right choice.

Wanted to see the performance wise comparison cause my friend wants to take his is350 against my 335i after I break it in. His is all stock except for lower springs from tein. Lets see how that goes. Lol.
Appreciate 0