View Single Post
      06-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #52
GL888
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i F30 m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Just received my upgrade from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

1. Smoother power delivery and at lower RPMS - much better than the stage 1 which comes in fairly strong. Power delivery is improved over stage 1 primarily in the lower RPM range. SPORT mode is great, car really has a boosted feel - really intoxicating. I think BMW was trying to make the car feel like a larger NA, now torque comes in really fast and really soon. Possibly a bit too aggressive for normal daily driving if you have passangers. Did not try eco-pro.

2. Tune does not turn on until car reaches 160 degrees which is nice and added safety measure. Also makes you appreciate the tune as you feel the difference when it's off. Ability to shut off from steering wheel.

3. Running default MAP1 - no other modifications using 91 octane. No issues.

4. Installation was simple, however, read the instructions thoroughly first. Only 3 sensors are connected - MAF is left factory and will idle rough if used (ask me how I know). I have the solenoid so power delivery may be better than EWG - not sure.

5. Car behaves stock, no other issues - auto stop / start runs fine.

6. 6MT - so when gunning it, I can actually feel wheel slip in the gear knob. Not sure if others with the JB4 experience this however this gear shifter vibrates like crazy stock.
Thanks for the feedback, like most people I'm wait for the guys to sort out the EWG control.

I'm currently running 4+ on stage1 with 98octane fuel, no other mods. Hopefully map 2 will yield better results to what I'm seeing now.

Waiting...patiently
Appreciate 0