01-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
Do I need to declare I've changed this? or is it not necessary because its official BMW?
Any modification to any car needs to be noted for insurance purposes. If you don't disclose, you risk the insurance company not paying out, should a claim be made.

So if you original car was say the Sport Line and after your M-Sport panels are fitted and you don't tell the insurer and if say the front M-Sport bumper panel is damaged, they only know the panel will be the original Sport Line panel and pay for it.

Then they find out you changed it without their knowledge, they will probably deny your claim as you did not honour your duty of disclosure requirements.

Even organising my insurance, I had to disclose all factory options as well, in case of a claim. The insurance company has to know everything about your car.

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0