United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna369 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr adequate View Post
I've had these on for about a month and a half now, no problems at all so far. Really happy with the lights and the quality, I will be changing to an HID kit soon though since the light output while better than stock still leaves something to be desired. I would buy these again in a heartbeat if that helps. The angel eyes make me happy every time I see them.
Thank you dr adequate,

Just got shipment confirmation message

Debating whether to install it on my own or take it to a shop. Any advice would be great
As for install, if you have any mechanical ability you will have no problem doing this yourself. It's a bunch of screws and some time and effort along with a bit of patience.
Tips for install.
-remove bumper as much as possible with all underbody and wheel well plastic pieces. Taking out the inner fender liners made the job much easier, if you want to remove the wheels it might make it a little easier, but it really is not necessary. I made a makeshift lift by placing about 4-5 inches of 1x8 pieces of wood that I made into a ramp to raise the car, and then turning the wheels to access the different screws in the wheel wells was pretty easy since the wood pieces spun on each other.
-if you're planning to add HID kit I would do it pre install and make sure to tighten all bulb access points on the back of the lights. (Multiple issues with condensation, I personally have not had this problem).
-I have pdc, fog lamps, and headlight washers, so the PDC and fog lamps disconnect is easy, just a plug, but the headlight fluid washer line was more challenging. It runs from the engine compartment to the bumper by the passenger headlight. Someone else said they disconnected it and had a big mess of washer fluid all over, so I just left it attached and spun the bumper out of the way and supported the bumper with boxes. It does make the passenger light a little more difficult, but I did it second after seeing how the drivers side was done.
-Page 44 of this thread has some pictures of the encased nut that causes so much trouble. I posted it on 12/30/16 and would quote it but the pics don't attach on with the text, but it makes the encased nuts much easier to take off if you take a look at it. I think MONSTAR used the same method I did and it made the second side much faster.
-The last bit of advice is to make sure to align the lights and the beam pattern prior to reinstalling the bumper. I had to take the bumper off again to adjust the drivers side light with the encased nut because even with the Allen wrench adjusters the light was way too low. You can adjust the way the light sits on the frame with the encased nut to raise or lower the beam, and then make the final adjustments with the Allen wrench.

Hope this helps, you're going to love the lights. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Appreciate 1
thezarb14.00