View Single Post
      12-10-2022, 01:03 PM   #1
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Question Springs for an even, mild drop? 2019 440i RWD w adaptive suspension

Hey members,

I've spent hours and hours searching but I am still hesitant to pull the trigger on these springs. I'm looking at the Eibach ProKit for the mild drop with minimal change to spring rate. I noticed there are lots of pictures of X-drive coupes and a few rwd gran coupe cars with this kit, which all look even front to rear, but I can't find many pictures for RWD coupes. I have come across quite a few threads saying there is a notable rake for rwd 440 coupes caused by the springs.

Eibach advertises 0.8 drop in front and 0.4 drop in rear for cars with adaptive suspension

In this video - the drop looks perfect, even front to rear. You'll notice that he also mentions that the springs drop the car a bit more in the rear for the gran coupe as compared to the coupe:

In this video, showing the 440 rwd coupe - there is a notable gap in the rear compared to the front. Especially in the shot at 34 seconds in:

I was able to find one user who addressed this by installing prokit springs in the front and sportline springs in the rear - to give an even 0.8 drop all around. exE36M3

Here is the thread I was looking at: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1644558

Unfortunately, it seems the pictures are no longer shown on the thread for some reason so I can't see with my own eyes to verify.

It is a very old thread, so hopefully exE36M3 can chime in and re-upload those pics.

If anyone has pics of a RWD 440 with adaptive suspension and eibach prokit springs, please upload them here, it would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm half hoping to just go with the prokit and that the rake is acceptable, but in the video above with the dark blue 440, it looks pretty rough

Otherwise, I'm thinking to follow the mix/match front and rear eibach springs. My concern is that the prokit are progressive while the sportline are linear and somewhat stiffer. Are there any major risks to running this kind of set up?

I don't really do performance driving; the drop is mainly for aesthetics. FWIW I also intend to install 12/15 spacers and f8x bumpstops, but I don't think those should impact the end result.

Here are the springs I'm looking at (individually packaged):
https://eibachshop.com/index.php?k22...rmance-springs
Appreciate 0