11-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #55
S-Dot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
I had posted earlier that I thought the e90 interior was a let down. To me I assumed that with a complete redesign, BMW would evolve the interior a bit more. You are correct though any e9x car with nav full leather and all the options is still a beautiful cockpit(especially if you have a contrasting color with the leather. All black can feel cold, (although thats what my e46 is & I love it) Thats why I wonder if the OP didn't have a "stripper" e90 loaner. I really to like the F30 interior, but the "carved" wood in the luxury is bordering on gaudy . Sorry to offend anyone.Just my opinion
The carved or textured wood is the "Fineline Wood" on the Modern Line. Not my style either. It would be interesting to see a sales breakdown by lines and interior finishes.

Primarily based on interior style, I skipped the E90 entirely, going from an '05 E46 330xi to the F30. It was a long wait... The dash arrangement of the E90 was not my style at all, but style is a personal thing. To me, it seems very linear and rather boring, and not focused upon the driver like the E46. Particularly boring looking for me was the looooooong and featureless piece of trim (wood or aluminum) that extended from the driver's bubble all the way to the passenger door. The poster that indicated this reminded them of a Buick hit the nail on the head - that's precisely the reaction I had.

And the E90 cup holders were not a plus either! Niggling point for some, but it's a real oversight, particularly for longer trips!

The F30 returns much more toward that driver-centric look and feel, and updates it to a much more contemporary style as well. I still don't think it's the best interior in it's class, but it's a good design and a very nice improvement.
Appreciate 0