View Single Post
      04-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
FreddyG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Luxury Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Difference between OEM and aftermarket kit is the trunk handle/camera and type of cable going from camera to module. Module is same in all kits. Maybe your OEM module software version was mismatched to the rest of your car software version, when you had issue? There's no jumpers AFAIK.

What button do you press to turn on cameras while driving?
It's not actually physical jumpers (like dip/pin switches), it's a setting in the software that is accessed through the included remote. I wouldn't think that there is a mismatch because once the settings were changed, everything worked as intended.

I'd like to figure out a place to mount a front camera too. That would be great for judging parking blocks. If I had the M-Sport front end, then I know how I'd do it, but we have the Luxury model. I'll figure something out if I decide to pursue it more.

As far as turning the camera on while driving, if I hold the menu button down for two seconds, the camera comes onto the NAV screen. To shut it off, just hit any other button. To get it to show on a split screen, push the I-Drive controller back while the camera is on the screen.
Appreciate 0