12-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #106
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Something like that. A 5er drives very different that a 3-series, which I'm sure we can extrapolate that it will therefore drive very different than a 4GC. And that difference is going to attract two different customers, even if the prices are exactly the same.

I need 4 doors, second kid showed up last month No doubt the 335is is a nice, quick car.. I almost bought one myself before I bought my E92 M3 last year. But the AH3 (just like a 4GC) feels about 10 years newer than the E9x gen, with cameras, HUD, new Navigation, etc. And ~50% of my time behind the wheel is spend in heavy stop-and-go Dallas traffic. So 35mpg+ was very appealing to me. Not to mention, I got the AH3 for ~$1K more than the 335i I was about to pull the trigger on. Cheap gas + short supply of 335i + Eco-credits means AH3 is very cheap right now....
Perfectly logical, and thanks. But admit it...it hurt like hell to sell that M3, didn't it. And wish I could have the HUD on mine. Hate that they don't offer it on the ecologically insensitive 3's. Good luck with the AH3.
Appreciate 0