Thread: need help
View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Eric SS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Chevy SS Sedan

Did you sign a repair authorization at the shop? If not, you aren't responsible for any parts they ordered.

I would like to correct one thing you said. The shop is not charging your insurance company daily storage. They have no contract with the shop. They are charging YOU and I doubt the insurance company will foot the bill if you do decide to move it out of that shop.

You should look into anti-steering laws in Toronto. Certain states do not allow tow companies to offer up a shop to tow it to. We have a huge issue with this in Arizona because there are no anti-steering laws worth anything and the daily storage fees charged by shops are crazy also.

If I were you, I would just have it fixed at the shop it's currently at (this way they won't charge you any fees) and I would triple check the work at the end to make sure everything is 100% to your satisfaction. If it is, then there really is no loss. And even though you insurance company will not certify the work, most reputable shops offer their own lifetime warranty.

I would also ask your insurance company if they see this tow company and shop colluding a lot like this. If they do, let your local consumer affairs office know and they may investigate.
2023 X3M Comp: current
Appreciate 0