View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #58
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post

Wow... your text is a soul shaker... i dont know why i bought the 3 series ??
for the wrong reason it would seem, or maybe my mentality hasn't caught up yet with the reality.

sooner or later, i will have to readjust my point of view..
and it looks like i might have to do it now before my GF gets mad too.

I am standing right in the middle of that demography... steering away from that crowd and leaning toward your PTA group.
You're an F30 owner so I apologize if my tone offended you as you weren't the target.

The old saying "adapt or die" applies here. The most loyal 3 Series owners, those who had an E46 and renewed their leases time and time again through the E9X and now the F30 are the target audience. And that 29 year old newlywed back in 1998 is now 45 with a big job and a couple of kids and he simply doesn't care about "spirited" driving anymore. He wants more space and creature comforts.

BMW is merely catering to their most loyal owners by aging the 3 Series as gracefully as their drivers. We're bigger, wider, softer, love tech, demand convenience, want to be pampered. This is where the F30 delivers.

For those who pine away for the light/agile days of the older 3 Series, sorry, those days are over. But there are tons of E36's out there and you're not 29 anymore and you have the coin- go get that M3 of your dreams and stop whining.

BJ
Appreciate 0