View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
That is exactly wht's going on, but the spring rates (i.e. part numbers) are same for passive M-sport & adaptive M-sport for a given spec combination.
The dampers have no distinction between spec combinations, i.e. only 3 different part numbers for 1 model (I haven't check whether there are any differences between 328i & 335i).
As I said before, I got the part numbers from the latest BMWETK dvd (6/2012).
Thanks.

I'll keep looking for exact spec's. Should be more info as time goes on.

I'm trying to find any spring rate and/or damper tuning differences between the 328i and 335i.
They may very well be the exact same springs and dampers, even though there are overall vehicle weight and weight distribution differences.
I would think that BMW being who they, would account for that by using different springs and damper tuning.
But maybe the weight and distribution difference is significant enough to develop and manufacture 2 different sets.

At least we do know that sport line/M sport, and adaptive M have the same springs within a given 3 series (328i or 335i), per your findings.
As for dampers, sport line and Msport are the same, correct?
The adaptive uses different dampers, as they should since that is where the "adaptive" resides.

Now we need to find out if 328i springs and dampers are identical to the 335i.
Appreciate 0