06-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
All of the above is coding, if you want to do it yourself you can order a cable and download the software. It shouldn't take more than an hour or so, maybe a little longer for your first attempt just til you get familiar with using the software.

YMMV, but they probably wouldn't notice any of those except for the mirrors. And before you turn in the lease, you could just have it re-coded back to original.
I doubt they would even notice the mirrors. You have to press the key fob down for a few seconds for it to fold the mirrors in... most of those techs don't get paid crap so they are not the BMW Nazi's that some people think they are... I mean there are some that are more visual than others... but for the ones I've ever had to deal with, they didn't really care. Now if you turn the car in with dents, or chips in the window, or something that hurts resell - different story - or if the car is coded where it doesn't perform the safety features correctly - different story - but your not asking for anything that hurts safety... (other than the disclaimers) but like the above stated - you can code that back in a matter of a few minutes... no big deal.
Appreciate 0