United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 S40i

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
2016 BMW 428i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLNDGUY View Post
So . . . I'm still on the fence about getting the M Performance Exhaust for my '13 328i. After reading all of these replies, I feel like I should just pull the trigger and go for it. I added the BMW Performance Exhaust to my old E90 and I really liked it. Im guessing that the MPE will be very similar; I don't want an obnoxious sound - just something a little more aggressive/less "stock" sounding.

I will admit, one of the reasons I'd like to get this exhaust, is to have something to distract my ear from the engine sound of the F30. I know a lot of people will say I'm making a bigger deal out of the engine "clatter/ticking" than I should. It just really bothers me. When I got the car, I thought I'd get over it quickly. After having the car for almost 5 months . . . it still makes me cringe when I hear the engine.

Can anyone with the MPE chime in on my hope that it will help distract my ear from the engine? Is my theory a pipe-dream?

I have to add . . . the engine sound of the loaner ['16 328i] sounds MUCH better than my car. Also, the auto-start/stop is MUCH less noticeable than on my '13. (Sigh)

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

My dealership just seems to be asking a little too much for the MPE. $1200 + $395 (install) + tax.
1200 for the exhaust is crazy too... you should be able to get it for around $800, then take it to an indy....

Contact Mike Dos Santos at BMW of Newton NJ.... PM if if you need his contact info...
Appreciate 0