View Single Post
      07-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #124
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
The black panel display just looks more aesthetically pleasing, is capable of displaying more things and colours and allows navigation directions to be shown on it, change music on it, telephone stuff, and cool animations of the car and the Efficient Dyanmics MPG thingy and it just finishes off the car really nicely if you go for Navigation Professional. Without it, it looks more like the instruments in the E90, with the live MPG needle.

The Sport Display is only available with the widescreen iDrive, so F30's equipped with Navigation Professional.

Yes I've seen that too, but I think the standard brakes are great. On the 328i in the UK, you get bigger brakes than the 320d and < so it... stops..hard. Some have complained they feel mushy and others have said they aren't progressive enough due to energy regeneration harvesting so they can be quite snatchy, but I think they feel really quite good and not too dissimilar to my 330d. Personally, I wouldn't upgrade to the M Sport braking system unless I plan to take the car to the track on a fairly frequent basis.

Haha, I certainly prefer them to the Pirelli's I had on my 330d! They were noisy!
Thanks for that.
The black panel thing sounds like a great idea - if only to get rid of the damn live MPG needle! I find it pointless in my car - especially where something more useful could go in its place.

With regards to the brakes, yes I would imagine they are similar to the E90 330d - being similar power output. Out of interest they upgraded the E90 330d when the LCI came out to be the same brakes as the 335i/335d. Would be interesting if the 328i had the same size brakes.
Appreciate 0