CK335iMSport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doza88 View Post
I recently bought my F30 and love it so far. my car came with the y cable in the center console. I should mention I have a 2013 335i non-xdrive as this could be important... I plugged in my ipod classic 80gb and it works great. it does not show album art or anything fancy but sound is good and all I truly care about.

my father just bought a 2014 328 xdrive. I got him an ebay Y cable and few other bmw items to welcome him to the F30 club. He has the EXACT same ipod classic I have as we bought them together. he tried using the Y cable with this ipod and it won't read it. it does play music via the Aux in the center console but that's it. I said, "must be the ebay cable".

So I unplugged my cable that works perfectly in my car, and even it won't work in his car. so I've ruled out the cable being the issue. I even used my ipod in his car and same thing so not the ipod.

Did BMW change compatibility between the 2013 and 2014 models?? could it be a software issue? my father also has a new iphone with Bluetooth which the car recognizes and plays seamlessly. he wants to use the ipod classic in the car so its always plugged in since my mother will be driving the car as well....

on a sidenote, I also noticed that I have a secondary USB only outlet in my glovebox while my fathers car does not.

Any thoughts??

thanks.
Have you tried using the white USB Apple cable?
I run my classic IPod on my 2012 X3 (no NAV) with just the USB white cable connected in the center console, and I can even display The art work.
I've also done it the same way on the loaners I get from the dealer all 2012, '13, & '14 F30's with NAV and my IPod works just fine.
Good luck..!!
+1...I use the white Apple cable in the center console USB plug in with my Nano and it works great (artwork etc.). Also have Nav, but don't think that matters.
2014 335i M Sport - Mineral Grey/Coral Red, Nav., Premium, HK, MPE, 8AT. Mods: Macht Schnell Spacers (12mm-front, 15mm-rear) with 403M's, Bilstein B8 Struts/H&R Sport Spring combo, M-Performance black kidney grilles, IND Distribution color-matched reflector inserts and key hole cover.
Appreciate 0