08-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
LiquidMercury
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by norules View Post
If I may go off on a small tangent, how did you all manage to remove the front reflectors on the F3X models? I tried heating mine up with a hairdryer and it just wouldn't budge. I even tried prying with a flat head screwdriver and it looked like my bumper was going to get a dent from the inside so I stopped.
Well, about all I can tell you is: Keep doing what you were doing. It's a bitch, no lie. Especially on mine as I didn't even swap them out until 5 years after it was manufactured (bought it on a lease return), so you can imagine how hard that 3M foamy crap was.

Just keep applying heat to the outer edges from the outside of the bumper along the reflector and it'll come out eventually. It was a right pain in the ass for me when I took mine out so I feel for ya, lol. When they did come off, I had to scrap the inner bumper to get rid of all that torn sticky foam so I could apply the new reflectors cleanly for a smooth inner surface.

Brand new ones would be much easier I'd have to assume as the glue wouldn't have adhered/dried to the bumper as much.
Appreciate 0