08-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #11
LiquidMercury
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by norules View Post
Thanks for sharing, I feel a little more hopeful now. Do you remember how long you had to heat it for? I must've heated it for a good 5 minutes and it wasn't doing anything!

Back on topic a bit, I quickly skimmed the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and I didn't see anything about reflectors (only the number of lights and what colour they can be). I have friends who run no reflectors or clear reflectors for 10+ years without any issues ever.

I believe it is a requirement somewhere, but for simplicity in manufacturing, they make it all the same regardless of which market they sell it. When you see a make/model without a reflector on the front bumper, it is usually because it's built into the headlight unit; e.g. the G35 has it on the bumper, but the G37/Q60 integrated it into the headlight.
Hours!!!

Ok, it only seemed like that, but in reality about the same time. I think the experience was traumatizing (because those uToob vids sure do make it look easy as shit, huh? LOL) as I'm pretty sure I blocked most of the process from my memory after seeing them finally in place and feeling euphoric afterwards.

Pretty sure I said to myself, 'Fuck this!' and ended up with using a pry tool (Hell, even vice grips would work) on the inner bumper to grab and pull the reflector in one hand and my gf's hair drier in the other. I do recall her laughing at the ridiculous visual she must've been witnessing at the time.
Appreciate 0