View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #62
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep
Drives: BMW(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
Okay, so let's clear this up. I don't really care what is going to be released. In the real world, I own an E90 M3. The F80 M3 won't be released for a while. BMW never released a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. So, for me, it still discredits the brand and leaves those with a model that is in actual circulation, as the E92 and E93 are, with a subpar product. Hope that clears up your confusion. Next time read the signature and you'll see what I actually own.
Yes, of course they did not release a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. They have just begun this trend of offering factory performance upgrades on all their models. This entire process is new. You never saw this option on E30's, E34's, E38's, etc, etc. This is all being started with the outgoing of the E9X models and is just now coming into it's own.

It's a little unfair for you to discredit BMW for not doing something 10 years ago that they just started. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But until now they must not have seen a market for it. How is that hard to understand? It's just how they had never offered an M SUV before.

Also, to clear something up...Unfortunately you do now own a "subpar" product. The F30 is better in every way. I'm not sure why you expect your one generation old 3 series to be better than the new. You should be happy for the progress of the brand.

You own an E9X M3...why are you complaining? You won't have any trouble fending off F30's on the track.
Appreciate 0