stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
At a certain point, you need to just man up and drive an F30. Do NOT drive an Xdrive car, drive an RWD Sport or MSport as it's the only way to get a mechanical sport suspension.

If you are not too far from NJ, you are welcome to drive my car which has proper tires, springs, and transmission.
So JV, I finally found the time and "manned up". I found a 328i xDrive Sportline w/o DHP at Tulley BMW near my home. (We turned off the DTC so it was basically RWD--or so the CA claimed.) The CA didn't let me play with it too much but I got a feel for what it could do with better tires and wheels and a RSB. Power was adequate but not overwhelming, I felt it could use another 25-30 hp. Steering was not as responsive as my E30, but that's also a function of tires/wheels. All in all I found it a well-damped ride (even in Sport+) and wouldn't hesitate to buy one in the early spring and run through a set of performance RFTs before I buy my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 replacements.

Are those Eibach RSBs really available now? BTW, JV, do you have static or adaptive sport suspension?
Appreciate 0