10-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #27
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehecht View Post
So JV, I finally found the time and "manned up". I found a 328i xDrive Sportline w/o DHP at Tulley BMW near my home. (We turned off the DTC so it was basically RWD--or so the CA claimed.) The CA didn't let me play with it too much but I got a feel for what it could do with better tires and wheels and a RSB. Power was adequate but not overwhelming, I felt it could use another 25-30 hp. Steering was not as responsive as my E30, but that's also a function of tires/wheels. All in all I found it a well-damped ride (even in Sport+) and wouldn't hesitate to buy one in the early spring and run through a set of performance RFTs before I buy my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 replacements.

Are those Eibach RSBs really available now? BTW, JV, do you have static or adaptive sport suspension?
LOL, your CA was a tool. Again, the Sportline had no sport suspension and no DHP thanks to it being an Xdrive. You longed for 25hp more, but the car had an extra 150lbs of weight to lug around. Really not a great way to judge compared to your RWD E30.

I have the static Sport suspension with added H&R Springs. The RSBs have hit the web, just not sure if they can be ordered in the US YET.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0