Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
+1

I just wanted to add that you can easily test the limit, maybe let me say my limit, of these cars. Take the car in comfort mode around a tight curve at your max speed. Repeat in sport + and repeat with everything off. Comfort mode keeps your in line. You can feel the nannies kicking in to stop the tail from misbehaving. In sport+ the tail is liberated to the extent that I am comfortable with (my limits). My limits are obviously lower than JVs
The key is, turning off DTC on XDrive does not somehow mimic how a RWD one would. I had my traction light lit up all day in Sport just from my summer tires being driven in 50 degrees. No such issue would exist with Xdrive, no button pushing on these cars transforms them as such.

Silly.
My point was even with xdrive and anyone with xdrive can test this, the car will not behave the same in all modes. There is definitely nannies in comfort mode which keep you in line and in sport + those nannies come off. I don't think the tail is going to swing to the front as with rwd or you can do donuts like rwd. I have done donuts in the snow in the x5 though, just for kicks However the car does give you some latitude to power out with a bit of oversteer. I can attest to this even in the x5.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0