View Single Post
      03-11-2016, 10:58 PM   #1
ajdresner
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 GT

Does the GT have any common issues?

Please excuse me if this question was asked before, if it was and you know the link.. pls share and I will delete this.

While every car can have some individual issues, there are some design flaws that dog a particular model.

I just came off a nightmare of a Volvo V60 T5 experience, that seems to be pretty common here in Thailand. I don't know if the problem, exhaust leak, is limited to the model (V40 owners also complained) made for this market or that the local service is so bad that they could not fix it. But when I asked for something in writing about the problem, I was ignored for 3 weeks and then refunded. This is how you treat a customer who buys your car, and discovers a problem?

BMW here in Thailand has a decent reputation, but their service gets a lot of complaints. BMW sells 1000s of cars per month vs less than or around 100 per month for Volvo. So there is a bigger base of BMW owners and a lot of private garages for after warranty service.

I have had 2 3 series in the past (1996 318, 2001 330 Convertible), they were pretty reliable with just your regular issues. Service for BMW in Miami was always great, and so was the staff at the service center...who I later became friends with.

Some BMW are assembled here in Thailand. A lot of cars are actually made here in Thailand (Benz, Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc), and it's referred to as the Detroit of Asia. Good cars are made here, so my only concerns are after purchase service and a design flaw.

So any "common" issues I need to be aware of with the GT? I'm doing my research locally about the service, and which dealer has the best service center

Thank you!
Appreciate 1