07-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, C300, Audi Q7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
not a good idea, by fasting you'd be depriving your body of nutrients needed, so you're body will go into a "storage" rather than burn mode. Whatever weight you drop during your fast you're sure to put back on once you're off the fast...

again...change your diet/eating habits....it sounds simple but it's not....

try this free app for your smartphone..might help track your daily intake..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

I haven't used it personally but have a few friends and patients that have with good success...
I use myfitnesspal and second the use of it here. If you are looking to see your abs, you will need to burn fat and keep it off.

I also have to second or third the feedback given about "abs are made in the kitchen". I did not fully understand this until I really cleaned-up my diet. Once, that was done everything literally melted off.

Also, there is a lot of Persian food that you can eat and still burn the fat. I would definitely keep breads and rice to a minimum for some period of time. I mean, at least until you can really see your abs (somewhere around 10% body fat). Then just maintain from there.

I shed about 30lbs over 8 weeks a few years ago by doing high intensity interval workouts and a 90% paleo diet. Believe me - I LOVE my bread. But giving those things up for a short period of time was well worth the results.

If you can make a few adjustments for a relatively short period of time, you can get the results you want.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Measure your bodyfat
2. Know your BMR (basal metabolic rate)
3. Set a goal
4. Plan your workouts (never go to the gym without a plan)
5. Make sure you are burning adequate calories through exercise and deficit
6. Track your calories until you reach your goal
7. Eat clean. VERY clean.
8. Most important of all - don't give up. You will be happy with the results.

Good luck man!