Frankisme
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BMWnEwBiE_
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched79 View Post
Are you certain it's actually dialing your voicemail?

I also have a non-nav F30 and an iPhone 4S. Whenever I do something on my iPhone that requires voice input, the iDrive display makes it look as if it's dialing my voicemail, but in reality, it's just sitting there waiting for me to start taking. Anything I say gets sent via Bluetooth to Siri. When I close Siri, the iDrive display goes back to normal.

I think the iDrive display just appears as if it's getting a call from my own phone number.

What I would LOVE is if somehow the voice control button on the steering wheel (which currently serves no purpose because I have a non-nav system) could be mapped to activate Siri. That would be great.

Or even if some sort of key combination could be stored as a contact, and dialing it actually activates Siri.
Yes on my after market panasonic with touch screen when ever i start using siri looks like i am using voicemail on the screen but there is no dialing voicemail.
I looked closer and it looks like the it is dialing. It actually isn't. It's just a nuisance.
Siri actually talks over the car speakers.
Appreciate 0