View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #71
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

Also, if the dealer does not inform you..

Carbon Fiber Care
Do not use any cleaning products or Armoral type of products on the raw carbon fiber.

If you have your car detailed, let them know that a clean dry or slightly damp microfiber cloth is all they need. This is what the dealer told me, but I should probably research that some more myself.

Alcantara Care

Do not use leather care products to clean Alcantara®. Alcantara® is a manufactured product. It is not genuine leather or suede.

For regular care, it is sufficient to clean the cover with a soft brush.

Strong abrasion or rubbing when cleaning will produce a lasting change to the surface.

Cleaning when lightly soiled:
- Wet a soft cloth with water or a neutral soap solution and wipe off the dirt.

Cleaning when heavily soiled:
- Wet a soft cloth with lukewarm water or thinned white spirit and dab the dirt from the outside in.

Daily cleaning
- It is sufficient to dust Alcantara using a soft brush, a dry cloth, or a vacuum cleaner.

Weekly cleaning
- After having dusted Alcantara, run a slightly moistened white cotton cloth over it. Avoid the use of printed absorbent cloths/papers as they can release ink onto the material.

Yearly cleaning
- Dust the material with care; moisten a soft cloth or a sponge in clean water, wring it thoroughly and run it over the whole Alcantara material, making sure not to wet it excessively; rinse the cloth or sponge and repeat as necessary. Leave to dry (overnight). Once dried, in order to restore the material, brush it delicately with a soft bristle brush.

General instructions for stains removal
- In the case of localized stains, and when the specific products for the cleaning of Alcantara are not available, (a list of such products is available on the web-site www.alcantara.com), the upholstery can be cleaned as follows:

Act immediately (within 30 minutes) and begin treating the stain from the outside edge into the center in order to avoid the stain spreading.
Never pour a cleaning product directly onto Alcantara.
Before removing the stain, remove any of the substance that has fallen on the upholstery: if it’s thick (yogurt, jam, etc.) use a spoon or a plastic spatula; for liquids, use non printed absorbent paper or a sponge.
Avoid rubbing to prevent the stain from spreading or going deep into the material.
Use a white cloth or a well wrung sponge for the removal of the stains.
If you use a sponge, rinse it in clean water and wring it well between each wipe.

For the specific treatment of the different types of stains and the relative materials that should be used, follow the instructions listed on Alcantara's web site. Care Instructions PDF
Appreciate 0