View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
PuterPro
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 320i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
If you're adding a trunk sub why are you doing the Earthquake subwoofers?
~~EDIT: I mis-read this! I thought you asked why I was doing the trunk sub!!~~ I won't re-write it all, but I hope to do the earthquakes in the future, then perhaps a battery box sub. The Infinity Basslink is fugly and takes up trunk space, it's also not real musical...

Trunk sub: To give the stock underseats some help on the lower end of the range.

As I understand it, and from listening to them, they are pretty weak in the lower registers. Not surprising for such small "sub woofers".

Even with the profile correction allowed by the PP82DSP they inherently will shine in the mid bass range, but be pretty weak down low, or am I incorrect??

Not that the 10" Inifinity is such a star there either, but I figured if profiled right it could help reinforce the deeper bass.

I am not doing the Earthquakes for a while, my wife is voting for Rear Camera next... LOL! (Know anyone who sells such a thing? {Grin})

So although I'm FAR from a bass-head (more of an "accurate" guy) the bass in this car is pretty weak. I may not need the Infinity after upgrade, but for now...

Leap in and tell me I'm nuts if I'm nuts!! You and many others in here have WAY more real world training than I do in this subject.

I am but the student, Jedi Master!

PuterPro

Last edited by PuterPro; 05-09-2016 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Correct a line
Appreciate 0