Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_ View Post
F32, Sedan_Clan
Cracks and crevices, I can hear them and I can feel them - they're related. Don't tell me you can have one without the other. What are you two driving and "riding on"? 20's with the same tire sizes?

I'm looking for real world experiences and not theory or hypothesis. There seems to be a lot of bad ideas floating around. In this forum, there was a poster whom stated replacing the rear shocks is much like an e92 - apparently he has not done this himself. Shit I pulled out my trunk liner to look for the locking nut - wasn't there! Dropping the shock takes 3 upper bolts from the outside and the larger bolt from the bottom.

So please post your coilovers setup, tire makes, and sizes, and let me know how your ride handles in regards to road noise and performance. Just springs (h&r seems most ppl in this forum have), need not response because the top rubber bushing is kept. I would hate to replace with new tires only to find out the noise is attributed to how the coilovers are designed.
Calm down Cowboy! You're the ill-experienced one here. I'll humor you though...

....I've been modding cars since, well, FOREVER. I've run most of the popular aftermarket coilover suspensions at some point in my life (..TEIN's, Ground Control, KW's, TC Klines, among others......) on various BMW's - mostly M3's - and on various Honda Civics, and with the exception of the Civic's, the BMW's were always on 19" or 20" wheels. While I have never personally run the Bilstein PSS10's, I'm aware of their characteristics. Nobody was suggesting that you were imagining things and/or that your observations were unrelated. I don't quite know where you got that from.

I already told you, the car's sensitivity to ROAD IMPERFECTIONS and UNDULATIONS is due to your suspension set-up. You should've done your research if you didn't intend for those attributes to become part and part to your car's road-going behavior. ROAD NOISE can, and often is, attributed to the type of tire that you're riding on, but suspensions play a role in that as well. You will never completely alleviate the road noise with your set-up.

Yes, bad information is regurgitated on forums all of the time. It's unfortunate that you learned the hard way, but we all have been in your position at some point in time. Welcome to the forum!

Chew on that information and tip me later!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 11-08-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0