///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Any BMW is RWD. Almost any Audi starts up as an FWD. That base isn't a sporty way to start with in the first place...

The points I mentioned I don't see in your arguments. That active diff is only suitable for wet/snowy conditions. And YES I want the 335i to have an M diff but it has the 'E 'diff wich is more or less alright. The whole Audi diff thing is nonsense imo. It doesn't take corners like a rwd or lets say a Nissan GTR. The only really sporty Audi is called R8 in my book. And I know a thing or two about 'sporty' Audis.
First of all, you have to define what 'sporty' means as you are using it in different settings/context. You find the 335i sporty, yet the only sporty Audi you find is the R8??? Seriously now

And the whole point of how a base model starts is irrelevant for what the ultimate offering of its top of the line model is. Just so you know, cars like the RS4 only have one body panel in common with the A4 - the roof. As far as the engine, in the case of the B7, it was the water pump. Everything else was bespoke and custom developed for a car, so it is irrelevant what the A4 base model started with. Take the Nissan Juke which starts as a FWD car, does that make the Juke-R (with the GT-R engine transplant) is not a 'sporty' car simply because it shares the base sheet metal body with a 'base' car. It will slaughter just about any car on a track.

I am sorry, but based on what you are saying, it clear shows you do NOT know a thing or two about Audis, nor about LSDs/Active Diffs/E-Diffs.

1. The active diff suitable only for wet/snowy conditions - nonsense. Take an S4 with it and without it on a track for example, and you will see the night and day difference.
2. BMW E-Diff is OK - you can't be serious. Yes, it is ok for going to the supermarket. If you want to take a car on a spirited drive, canyon run, autocross, and especially track, it is the most limiting factor in getting the power to the ground and the full potential of the car. The E-diff was the most crippling factor on my 135i, especially after I increased the power and upgraded the suspension. The LSD on my 1///M was likely the most transforming component and made the car magical.
3. Only real 'sporty' Audi is the R8 - again, please define what you mean by sporty. Considering you classify the 335i as sporty and the S4 not, what does that make for RS offerings, which all have bespoke engines, components from VAG super cars like Lamborghini (e.g. brake systems)? First off, the Audi R8 is in the GT category, here we are talking about everyday sedans and coupes, not 'super cars'. Have you driven any RS car? RS5 is certainly sporty, the RS4 has always been, and there is no better people/cargo hauler than the RS6 Avant, including over bloated SUVs like the Cayenne Turbo and X6 ///M. And for a fact, as I have mentioned, cars like the RS4/RS5/RS6 share only the roof panels with their respective base model platform, all else is pretty much bespoke (engine, suspension, braking system, etc.)

Not gonna argue any further, but before you start making statements for what you know 'a thing or two' about, pls get your facts straight.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0