03-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
simongym
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardyer View Post
Total newb question, so I apologize in advance. Can you just go into a bmw dealer with this list and customize a car? If so, I wish I had known when I bought my 320 as there seem to be a lot of things that I didn't know we're available as options ops:
You certainly can do that through a CA (client advisor); however, not all models have that same extensive list of options. The 320i in particular has far less options and choices available, in fact it probably has the fewest options of any model. My understanding is that with the 320i, BMW tried to offer a sort of enthusiasts choice model that stuck to the basics of driving dynamics over luxury (http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=kafka). Hence things like the sport package, as opposed to other new models with Sport Line, which is very cheap and even includes the M-Sport steering wheel.

My point being, if you're looking to have the most choices available as far as options, colors, packages, lines, etc. then generally speaking your higher series and bigger engine versions are going to provide that, with some exceptions.
Appreciate 0