View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #25
Fred@ER
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i, 2008 BMW 135i

Took a few more pics. Sorry about the quality of the pics, iphone. The car is on it's temporary home on lift #1 while we take some parts out and brainstorm on ideas for new parts. Taking some measurements and drawing out the prints for machining so we can start building prototype parts.

N20 engine naked...

Taking the factory intercooler off. BMW made some revisions to how the factory hoses attach to the intercooler. Took us an hour to figure out how to detach them Forgot to take pictures of this new connector. I'll take some tomorrow.

Rear diff looks pretty much the same as the one found on the N55 so that might be good news on getting a LSD in there quick. Rear case just has a mount for the exhaust system. Gonna pull this out sometime this week and open it up. I'll let you know what we find out. First thing so far I found that sucks. The rear axles are the traditional design where the axle shaft is one piece with the axle. Gotta pull the entire axle out when pulling the rear diff which means rear diff jobs are going to take longer. The old N54 and N55 cars, the axles are bolted to an axle stub that goes into the diff. All you have to do was unbolt the axle from the axle stub which is easy and takes no time at all.
Appreciate 0