01-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
Spacebug
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
My first reaction when reading this thread is to go straight to back to BMW and demand they check the sensor operation and if found faulty they should pay out for the damage. They surely all cant be like this? If they say "you shouldn't rely on the technology" when I'd reply with "what's the f**kin point of having them then?". If they cant be trusted they may as well be disconnected.
This was my first reaction...

I wonder if anyone can offer advice. This is my first company car. It was supplied directly to my door by Lex through a dealer called Hexagon in North London. I am in Sussex, nr Brighton. Can i just rock up at any BMW delaer and ask them to take a look at it? I never spoke to anyone at Hexagon, i only know it came from them as some literature had their details on it when it was supplied.

If i put a call into Lex they will just refer me to an accident repair place to get the damage fixed when what i really want to do is draw BMW's attention to the fact that their sensors are flaky. The cost of the damage will be covered by my company, which is fine if it goes that way, i just want to talk to BMW about it first.

Being a lease car it feels like i do not have any link back to BMW directly. Does anyone else have any experience of lease cars and dealing directly with BMW?
Appreciate 0