View Single Post
      02-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Overlays

Sorry, I misunderstood, I now see the discussion is on the BMW Logo not the rear emblem, 328i or 335i. There are actually a lot of places that offer those pre-cut overlays. A few years back when I was getting wheels/tires upgraded on my 750Li, the wheels were black centered and when I came back to pick up the car, they had not only put overlays on the BMW logo center caps but also on the front and rear logo of the hood and trunk. That was the first time I had seen that and was pretty impressed because while I do like the BMW Roundel with blue, the overlays really tied the whole car together and it was a subtle change that only car guys would notice.

My opinion and my opinion only so no offense meant but I think they really only look right on White, Black or Silver cars. I tried them on our grey 550 and didnt like it, tried them on our blue 328 F30 and didnt like it.

As you said elrey, easily removable if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrey21 View Post
I have the overlays in gloss black... They fit and look great... These match the gloss black around the emblem. Got them off MBargains and they send you two full sets for $15 plus shipping. You can slightly see them on my post here... Great thing is if you don't like them later you can easily remove them.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807348
Appreciate 0