View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by riimiX View Post
walls is right. i mean, i didn't want to mention this point, discourage you or hijack this thread.... but unless daddy warbucks is paying for everything you should consider saving up for your future. my first car was a honda accord and i drove it for 8 years before finally making a leap into an infiniti g37 and then bmw.

money is MUCHHHH easier to stockpile when you're living at home with minimal expenses. re-focus for the long run and pick-up something fun to drive. why not consider an FRS or BRZ? you'll get the same thrill going through the twisties just minus the luxury aspect and some power.

in b4 "let him do what he wants" / "he didnt ask if this was a smart decision" etc.
All this is fine n dandy. Here's another perspective...when I was 19 in 1999, I had a fairly high income and the markets were red hot. I wanted to buy a brand new E39 M5 as they were about to come out, but I figured it would be irresponsible to buy a $85K car at 19. I could have afforded it with a $50K down-payment and slight life-style adjustments monthly for the payment...but I did the respnsible thing and listened to my parents. What happened to that $50K I would have tied up in the car? It got pissed away in the tech wreck. I lost it all. If I had bought the car I would have still held a portion of that.
Appreciate 0