bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I strongly disagree. The plugin interface is completely intuitive, as it is the exact interface arrangement for music that you get on an iPod/iPhone. The non-plugin interface is less functional, less intuitive, and doesn't look as nice. I can't wait to get a new Media cradle that supports the iPhone 5. Having use the plugin with the iPhone 4, it will be very hard to go without.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion, of course, but I wouldn't count on BMW coming up with a solution for existing vehicles (prior to the most recent iDrive hardware update) to make use of PlugIn with the new lightning connector. The video processing components for analog video are entirely different than those required for digital. It's like component video versus HDMI. To interchange between the two, you need additional hardware. You can't do it with software alone.

I supposed they could pack it in to the snap-in adapter, but it'd be a tight fit. They certainly have room for the cost of components with the ridiculous margin they make on that thing

EDIT: Just noticed you have a 2013 3-series on order, which will have the new nav system, so your chances are a lot better.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1