strumbringer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahiniBmw View Post
I currently just got my 2017 x5 35i m sport. But for my second car I'm leaning more towards a 440GC. The C43 sedan seems very appealing. What you guys think ? A friendly opinion would be great.
We have a 340iX M-Sport and a C450 (both sedans). The only difference between the C450 and the C43 is the transmission. The BMW transmission is quite a bit better than the C450, but I don't know if the C43 makes up the difference. The entertainment system and nav on the BMW is also better, and the HK system plays lossless music (in case you care). In every other aspect, I prefer the C450. Dynamically, the C450 feels more like a rear-wheel drive car than the 340i and the suspension tuning is noticeably better.

My big annoyance with the 340 is the dead spot in the steering which I cannot get used to. It freaks me out every time I straighten the wheel from a small adjustment and suddenly there's no resistance for a couple degrees. Really unsettling. Outside the dead spot, the feel is firmer than the 450, which I like.

I don't have any major annoyances with the 450 other than that the blind spot warning is a loud beep (and the detection is conservative). Freaks the kids out if they wake up to that. However, the 450 has been in for warranty work, and the 340 has been trouble free (and is ~6 months older).

All things considered? I would go for the 450. But it really depends on what you care about.
Appreciate 0