Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
A lot of derp in this thread.

Good post BTM.

OP even though I don't like your contributions to OT, I'd reccomend not listening to the debunked advice you have received here.

Ex: many small meals, limiting yourself to 1500 calories (lolwtf), only eating brown starches, 'sugar turning to fat'.

Those are really bad suggestions and are false.

Do you know how many calories you typically intake on a daily basis?
limiting yourself you 1500 calories
Whilst the posters of this advice are correct in stating that your daily calories need to be limited, an arbitrary figure of 1500 may work for some but not for others. It is all dependent on the individual and his daily activities. A fairly active daily job could mean the individual needs more than 1500 calories but still allowing for weight loss.

only eating brown carbs
I never said ONLY. I said brown carbs are better - reason being is that they are slow releasing in energy. What you generally want to avoid is loading up your body with instant calories that your body only needs a portion of at the time. Also brown carbs are slower to digest hence keeping you fuller for longer. As I stated glycemic index is what you want to read up on!
Also the this same logic of not over loading in calories at any one point in time is what applies to the theory of small meals. Same overall amount of food consumed in a day BUT not to the point where your body has too much to deal with at a given point.

sugar turning to fat
Anything you eat (that provides you with calories) can and will be stored as fat if its eaten to the point where it is excess calories over and above your daily required calorie intake.

may be try actually offering advice and rationale rather than just pointing your nose in the air and criticising!
Appreciate 0