Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
TUNE IT! SAFE! Police 428i by AC Schnitzer

BIMMERPOST NEWS
TUNE IT! SAFE! Police 428i by AC Schnitzer
COMMENTS

As part of a long running campaign led by the Associated of German Vehicle Tuners (VDAT), a special concept car is released every year by tuners to highlight the need to be safe and serious when doing car tuning. This initiative is supported by both the Police and the German Federal Ministry for Transport, Construction and Road Development. The aim of the campaign is to fight against illegal and counterfeit tuning products. A campaign for which AC Schnitzer has been on the forefront, churning out new TUNE IT! SAFE! vehicles every year and even publically destroying a whole slew of seized counterfit AC Schnitzer replica wheels.

This years car is a specially modified 428i Coupe, with AC Schnitzer responsible for most of the work.

The car you see is an ACS4 2.8i Coupe. The engine has been uprated to 294HP and 420Nm torque resulting in rapid acceleration (to the tune of 5.7s 0-100km/h). Out back, the car it fit with chrome "Evo Racing" tailpipes mated to the AC Schnitzer twin sports rear exhaust system.

AC Schnitzer Type VIII 21" x 9.0" Forged wheels are shod with Hankook Ventus S1evo tires.

The car would not be anything without a safe road hugging suspension, in the form of the companies own racing suspension kit

On the outside, the standard AC Schnitzer 4-series body kit (more pictures) has been fitted.

To make the BMW visually into a "true" police car, TUNE IT! SAFE! partner FOLIATEC provided the official film decor, and Hella the special signalling system RTK 7.

AC Schntizer TUNE IT! SAFE! ACS4 2.8 Coupe