Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
We've installed one of those Selma lips for a customer few weeks ago. He returned a week after to get some more work done and I noticed that the whole center of the lip is wavy and deformed... it's not noticable if you look at it from the top, but if you squat down and look at it straight on, the entire center of the lip is extremely wavy.

Honestly... I'd rather fork over the extra money to get OEM, at least at the end... it holds some resale value.

Igor, I've seen that on the OEM one as well. Even on a car that has not even left the lot yet. That happens if the double sided tape comes loose from the inner bracket to the outer lip that keeps the shape. The key to this OEM or not is to redo the double sided tape with adhesive promoter to make sure it keeps the plastics stuck together for strength. The overall design of the F30 lip is poor. They should have made it a single injection molded piece eliminating the separate inner. Not sure why BMW or whoever designed it that way but being a designer of injection molded parts, I would have never designed it that way.
Appreciate 0