Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aolsux00 View Post
Nothing wrong with ephedrine if you are decent health, don't have high BP, and don't have any heart issues.

I don't know anyone who had any problems with ephedra. As I mentioned earlier, the only people who had a heart attack were the ones dumb enough to dehydrate themselves by wearing a sweat suit or a garbage bag and exercising. It's the stupidest thing you can do with or without using ephedra.
There are a lot of negative side effects. I don't personally know anyone who has had issues either (even though I don't actually know anyone who has taken this stuff), but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen and that it is safe for normal use.

Numerous studies in the New England Journal of Medicine and the Annals of Internal Medicine have shown a higher incidence of these adverse side effects when using this garbage. Due to the risks, it's also a banned substance in the International Olympic Committee and the World Anti-Doping Agency. Not to mention the potential long term damage you're doing to your metabolism and other functions by taking this stuff.

Why take the risk? Even if somehow all of these studies are just lies, why still take that risk? I wouldn't recommend taking this, and neither should you. You don't know the current fitness level of the OP. A lot of people who are overweight (not all) have some sort of other issues, high BP, heart issues, etc. I can't believe people would actually recommend to put this garbage in your system... Me personally, not being a doctor (even if I was, I didn't examine the OP as a patient), I wouldn't recommend taking any drug. I wouldn't even recommend a stringent workout regime without recommending he see a doctor first to make sure he can handle it.

IMO, if you can't lose weight without some sort of gimmick (that risks your life), then you're just lazy.