MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk280 View Post
$880 from NRMA with the windscreen cover since my car will have HUD. That's with max no claim and multiple policy and also old man slow driver discount - I use real insurance on my X5 as its $900 compared to the $1800 from NRMA. Haven't contacted others yet
Some of the benefit limits in the NRMA policy were a turn-off for me, it seems to suit more run-of-the-mill, mass-market cars.. Another one of the common policies around also made it very unattractive if you'd ticked a lot of options on your car (I think it was Suncorp/GIO).

For those who (and I suspect most) have financed, again I'd really push you to think about whether you want "market value". In the event of a write-off you could be left with a gap between your finance and your payout. I've seen this bite people when they can't replace "like for like" and they have to settle for an inferior version or have to fund a gap.

For a (admittedly depreciating) $80K+ asset, I reckon reading the insurance is worthwhile for the time it takes.

Still, everyone makes their own choices with these things. Just remember price often translates to benefits.
Appreciate 0