11-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #31
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpling_god View Post
Does anyone know where i can get the single red piece for my dashboard? its currently a piano black and i think the red just makes the car look sooo much sportier and adds so much character to the interior.

if anyone doesnt know what im talking about. its that bright red strip.

also planning on getting all weather floor mats with the red outline and a red accented hand break! let me know your opinion on these :-) i hope it wouldnt look like there was too many things matching and become tacky
]
Hi guys,

I've loved the piano-black with red accent combo ever since I had it on my previous 328i sportsline.

Even though my current bimmer came with alcantara dash + carbon fiber accent (courtesy the previous owner), I still preferred the piano black + red.

Didn't want to spring the $$ for new dash panels, and didn't feel right parting with the expensive alcantara/cf.

So I made a compromise...kept the alcantara, but vinyl wrapped the cf accents. It came out quite well. Also the cf backing gives the vinyl a nice texture, somewhat like a 'red carbon' fiber. Full job from removing the panels to wrapping the vinyl and refitting the panels took just under 1.5 hours.
Attached Images

435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 1
stobes28.50