View Single Post
      04-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
g0at23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i coupe M-sport

WORTH IT!! Wish I had it...

I live in NYC which has the worst roads in USA hands down. I also drive very very fast. I'm talking about 100MPH+ on highways and 50+MPH on regular roads/streets. Yes, I am a menace to society. I'm a little older now 27.. had my 335i for 3 years and I try and drive slower to save gas, reduce wear/tear, and just seen too many bad accidents, etc. Ahhh getting old....

Anyway... Run flats suck. How sucky?

First year I replaced 2 tires for bubbles...
about 500$ at BMW second one I got it for 430$ at a local tire shop

Second year I had a nail in one tire and a bent rim (i believe included with insurance) + bubble in another later on in year...
430$ for the one with nail and then I decided to replace all 4 tires with non runflats cause I couldnt take it no more. 1000$ for 4 new high quality tires.

Just the first 2 years alone would have been worth it to get the insurance... Wish I had it my cousin still makes fun of me for not taking it...

Third year so far I had 1 large bubble in a non run flat that got replaced...
This time I went cheaper with continentals for 180$. The run flats suck but its just the overall stiffness of the suspension and fast driving that will put bubbles in your tires. Much worst with run flats though.

Forgot to mention... If your looking to replace all tires with non run flats eventually... Drive slow and careful for a while then when its time replace the tires with cheap to moderate tires. Getting good tires is so overrated... My tires get abused and need to replace them constantly. I'll go with Falcons right now if given the choice.

Last edited by g0at23; 04-18-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0