View Single Post
      08-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #533
Stokkes
Grand Pumba
Rep
Drives: On Order: i5 M60 IOMG/SWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF30 View Post
Has anyone with the 6.5" screen programmed anything yet? Wondering what additional features can be achieved? Thanks
You can code the functionality described in this thread (ex: Disable the auto-start, remove the disclaimer, activate the ability to roll up your windows using the fob, change the delay on the trunk opening, etc.) - as described in the cheat sheet on the original post.

If you have the 6.5" screen, you will NOT be able to activate such functions as:

- BMW Apps
- Bluetooth Audio
- Office
- Nav

All these require the professional CIC module + combox. A retrofit is about 3000$ for the CIC module itself (this includes the bigger screen, new head unit, new iDrive controller, ability to use a white iPod cable instead of the Y cable, etc.), plus you'll have to activate the functions, which is usually another 500-1500$ depending on what you want.

I've confirmed this with Patryk@BimmerTech here on the forums and my dealership. I was hoping with my 6.5" screen I'd be able to simply order a combox for $300-500 and activate some functions (even simply bluetooth audio), but unfortunately this is not possible.
Appreciate 0