12-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #19
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I have written to the Directors of the Dealership, picture included. It is a firm and polite letter which I am sure will get me the desired results I envisage and require. I have never failed in such an endeavour as I can be pretty persuasive.

There's another strange thing I found out this morning. My car is W45, Nov build, supposed to be W48. My ex's is also W45, Oct build! I have not checked whether her Nav is the new one or not. Did not have time as yet. We'll fiddle away on Christmas Day!

Well I must admit the DAB is a waste of money. Sounds utter rubbish compared to FM. The HK System is very good, though. I might change the tweeters as I have some very, very expensive Morel Signature ones which are at present in the Golf GTI. Speaking of which, I am keeping it for a couple of months. I just can't let go as I do love it so.

I wish I had ordered the 19" wheels for myself as I am pretty careful and not a kerb-a-holic. For the ex, an absolute no-no. She had wrecked the AMG machined alloys on the Merc. Anyway, we've boh got Wheel Insurance with ALA.

I'll go for a drive in Reinhardt shortly. My first!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
If your "ex" car says October 2012 or 10-2012 in door then its not a PW45 car. I her car says 10-2012 in door it should not have the new NBT Pro Nav.

Where are you obtaining data that indicates your car was a PW45 and not 48 like you originally thought? If your car was made in Munich there's no reason why a PW45 car should have taken so long to get to you. I'm driving a PW45 (11-2012) car and I've had it 10 days after a 16+ day voyage across the Atlantic.

How did you sort out your PDC sensors not providing audible alert? Is it because you weren't close enough to activate the audible alert?

My recommendation is to take your car to a few parking lots with various types of parking bumpers, curbs, etc. and practice. It won't take long for you to learn the limits of the PDC sensors and you'll use them more confidently.
Appreciate 0