View Single Post
      11-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

First set of tyres shagged; winter options?

Well, 36,500mls later from leaving the showroom in June 2012, the first set of Bridgestone Potenza's have bitten the dust. The front right's outer sidewall especially! Pictures below show that in comparison to the other tyres, though all are on minimal tread depth now and require changing.

So, on that topic and being that time now where we see <7C, I have some options!

So, do I just go and get another set of shoes (Potenza's again) or should I look into winter tyres? Last year I didn't bother with winter's and just ran the Potenza's throughout on my 18" 225/255 setup. It did alright. I just didn't bother driving it if conditions meant it wouldn't move.

Now, I'm pretty certain your responses will suggest I grab a set of winter rubber and I completely agree it's a good option (money aside) as they look to work extremely well and increase safety.

Therefore, which is best and the most cost effective from your experience? I don't really want to get a set of new alloys, but is it suitable to have big fat 255's on the back? What sort of costs am I looking at do you reckon?

Cheers!
Attached Images

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0